Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-08-2008

United States

11 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 2

Loud beeping upon startup 9979A1U Lenovo desktop M57.

2011-07-15, 1:16 AM

Hello,

Just today my desktop started making  loud beeping sounds when I start it up. They are quite fast and loud; I tried to count how many and they were so quick. I got to 20 but there may have been more. It then proceeds to start up in Windows and everything is the same as usual except for at times whenever I typed words they typed backwards; email became liame, spell was lleps,et and the page also would not scroll. After restarting it was okay as far as the typing but next time I started it up and every time after that it still makes these loud beeping sounds.

It is the 9979A1U Lenovo desktop M57. I recently installed Windows 7 and have been having problems with it also so don't know if there is any connection. I scanned it with ThinkVantage and everything passed the scan.

Does this sound like anything anyone else has had a problem with and knows what is the cause that they would please share with me?

Thank you,

Graylady

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Loud beeping upon startup 9979A1U Lenovo desktop M57.

2011-07-15, 12:32 PM
try starting the desktop without the keyboard connected.

Also, is there any particular error messages been displayed when the machine starts?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms