Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cwarnock
What's DOS?
Views: 1,677
Message 1 of 2

M55 Power Supply Upgrade

I have a ThinkCentre M55 8810 low profile desktop and would like to upgrade the power supply to one that can handle some more power.  I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a power supply that would fit nicely in the case.
wshredder
Punch Card
Views: 1,411
Message 2 of 2

Re: M55 Power Supply Upgrade

Measure the size of you current Power Supply Unit . Then go online to the various Power Supply makers and look up the size of their units. Make sure you have enough room at the end of the units so that you have room for the wires to go down into the case. My computer is a Thinkcentre M50 model 8189 and the case is a uATX or microATX. The original PSU (230 watts) has a jog to allow the room for the wiring and the CD player. I replaced the unit with a 600 watt unit, but I had to remove the existing CD player, but I was replacing it with a SATA DVD burner which is 1.5 inches shorter than the old CD player was, and it allowed me just enough room for the wiring. If possible go with a Modular Power Supply Unit then you only have to use the wires that you need. The one I looked at was 160mm long and I would probably have had to put the DVD burner in the lower slot to allow room for the wiring.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors