cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakend
Fanfold Paper
Views: 117,588
Message 1 of 24

M57 - XP drivers for PCI Serial Port & PCI Simple Communications Controller are missing

I am preparing deployment image for ThinkCentre M57 (6074-A4G). I have manually downloaded and installed all the drivers (excluding those related to AMT etc.) to the SYSPREPped machine but XP "Device Manager" still reports that "PCI Serial Port", "PCI Simple Communications Controller" & and an "Unknown device" (Intel ICH9DO LPC Interface Controller) are missing drivers. Does anyone have any information about this?

Tried to use also Lenovo System Update but it only updated Graphics card and Intel Chipset etc. and left even more missing drivers.

appreciate the help.

- lakend
ThinkAgile HX3320 Appliance with Nutanix and VMware vSphere 6.5
MarkT
Paper Tape
Views: 117,279
Message 2 of 24

Re: M57 - XP drivers for PCI Serial Port & PCI Simple Communications Controller are missing

Although the installer run it does not fix the missing devices
right click on the unknown device , update driver , point it to the folders that were extracted
C:\swtools

ronald666
What's DOS?
Views: 117,256
Message 3 of 24

Re: M57 - XP drivers for PCI Serial Port & PCI Simple Communications Controller are missing

Hi, all

I have same problem as above. I have already run ThinkVantage-System Update on my PC. But there still two hardware : PCI serial port and PCI single Communication controller cannot be identiified. Do you have any idea to download which drivers to be identiified these two hardware?

Thanks all !
mfearby
Paper Tape
Views: 116,522
Message 4 of 24

I have the same problem on my M57 (6077). I've installed a fresh copy of XP SP2 and installed the following drivers from this page:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-68783

AMT
SoundMax
Core chipset
Hotkey driver for USB keyboard
Scrollpoint mouse driver
Intel Ethernet
Winbond TPM driver
Intel video driver

I still have one unknown device called "PCI Serial Port". When I looked at the back of the machine I found two Firewire ports, but the Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller was detected by XP automatically.

I can see no modem on the PC but I tried to install the modem driver anyway. It told me that my system doesn't meet the requirements (rightly so). I also tried the RAID driver but it said the same thing, so I'm at a loss. Windows couldn't find the driver, either.
rfdswa
What's DOS?
Views: 116,447
Message 5 of 24

Has anyone found these drivers yet?

We're having the same problem after being switched over to the latest model by our supplier.

We've managed to get it down to just the "PCI Serial Port" after reinstalling both the audio drivers and the Intel Inf driver packages.

Thanks,

- rfdswa
mfearby
Paper Tape
Views: 116,418
Message 6 of 24

I typed in the Vendor and Device ID for this unknown "PCI Serial Port" into pcidatabase.com and came up with the following:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=29B7&device_search=Search

The unknown device is for Serial Over LAN, which is explained here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_over_LAN

It seems that Lenovo's ATM driver is no good or doesn't install the Serial Over LAN driver, so I installed Intel's driver, which can be downloaded here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?strstate=live&productid=40&dwnldid=14697&agr=n&lang...

nin28
What's DOS?
Views: 116,212
Message 7 of 24

I'm still missing the driver for the PCI Simple Communications Controller. Can someone please tell me which it is? Thank you.
mfearby
Paper Tape
Views: 116,207
Message 8 of 24

Try searching for the device and vendor IDs at pcidatabase.com... you might at least be able to zero in on the manufacturer's web site to find a driver...
Wittstock
Paper Tape
Views: 114,739
Message 9 of 24

PCI Simple Communications  is the HECI driver.

setup.exe -s to do a silent install from the HECI driver folder.

Message Edited by Wittstock on 05-14-2008 11:49 AM

Message Edited by Wittstock on 05-14-2008 11:50 AM
lostlevono
Fanfold Paper
Views: 106,959
Message 10 of 24

I have tried all above optoins but it looks like intel drivers do not fit windows 2003 server so I still got PCI Serial port uninstalled.

Any one has any thoughts? it is urgent.

Thanks in advanced

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors