Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gutts
Paper Tape
Views: 5,999
Message 1 of 5

M58 Display port to HDMI

Hello guys,

I need help with conecting M58 to my TV. Does M58 send audio trough Display port and can i use DP to HDMI adapter? I tried that already and i get no sound but i'm not sure if the problem is in the adapter or something else. I wold appreciate if someone already tried this to give me some tips and what adapter to use.

Thanks

MarshVegas
Token Ring
Views: 5,988
Message 2 of 5

Re: M58 Display port to HDMI

I hooked up a PC to my 32" HDTV using a monitor cable but had to go to the audio out from the cable box to my AUX on my stereo tuner.

Gutts
Paper Tape
Views: 5,967
Message 3 of 5

Have you tried Display port?

Think_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,931
Message 4 of 5

No, the M58 does not support audio over DisplayPort.  The M90 is the first system to pass the audio and video over DisplayPort.

Gutts
Paper Tape
Views: 5,917
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the answer Think. Apparently my TV thinks that it is getting audio over DP to HDMI and shuts down analog input. I've seen this problem all over the net but only solution i have found is for nvidia and ATI cards. It has something to do with telling the graphic chip to stop sending audio by overriding EDID in registry to think that TV has no audio capabilities. Does anyone knows how to do this on intel chipset?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors