Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svt11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 517
Message 1 of 6

M58p - COM ports for printers 30m away

Hi, I have this PC, but I can't see on his motherboard does he have COM header. I need 2 COM ports on the motherboard, because they're powerful enough to talk to ESC/POS printers which are 25-30m away.

Mod:   edited title for clarity

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 502
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkCentre M58p motherboard

Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your particular system model, M58p is the system type, the model will be a 4-digit number, like 6137.    Find the port and connector diagram for the motherboard.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
svt11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 476
Message 3 of 6

I've found it locally - it's kinda strange this COM2 header - it has 6 pins 1st row and 5 pins in the 2nd row. Am I crazy or this is proprietary header? I couldn't connect it! Thank you.

svt11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 453
Message 4 of 6

I've figured out how to handle this thing, don't worry. I just need to replace expansion card with MosChip based.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 445
Message 5 of 6

@svt11 wrote:

I've figured out how to handle this thing, don't worry. I just need to replace expansion card with MosChip based.

Well done!    Can you expand on what an expansion card with a MosChip is?   And how it fixed your problem.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
svt11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 432
Message 6 of 6

RS232 add-on card on PCIe with 2 RS232 ports. Even the cheapest will be enough to make signal over 50m to kitchen printer. Ofcourse the cable also matters! This was my task actually.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors