Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tech21CSI
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 1 of 3

M700 - DP won't connect with anything other than VGA to DP adapter

Hello,  I have been installing M700 Tiny as workstations, they work great except that I cannot get the display port to work with anything other than a VGA to DP adapter.  I have a variety of monitors, so need to use different types of connections, and most of my setups are dual monitor, so I often have to use different adapters. 

When I have the opportunity, I purchase monitors with DP, but I don't always have that opportunity.  

So currently, I have ASUS VE24 monitors with HDMI, and VGA.  The HDMI to DP will not work; I tried straight cables, adapters, etc.  The only thing that will work with these is VGA to DP only.  Seems very limited.   I have also had trouble with a straight DP to DP cable with this particular machine (M700).

Can anyone lend any insight?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 774
Message 2 of 3

Re: M700 - DP won't connect with anything other than VGA to DP adapter

Since you haven't received any replies, I searched previous threads, and this thread has M700 working with two (but not 3, which is not supported) DP to HDMI monitors:  Cannot-enable-third-monitor-m700-Intel-530-graphics

That thread does not indicate what adapter was used, but can be a cause for the monitor not to work.   If you post the brand and model number(s) of the adapters, I can research more. 

If one particular system wont work with a straight DP to DP cable, and the monitor and cable are known to work, it could be the port is defective. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
WICKLOWPC
Blue Screen Again
Views: 723
Message 3 of 3

Re: M700 - DP won't connect with anything other than VGA to DP adapter

I have the exact same problem. 
8 - Brand new M700 - trying to run iiyama XB2783HSU over DP to DP.
No dice.  - they either flicker or they don't come on at all. 
At moment I have to run them over VGA. 
Hoping it is just a driver issue but can't be sure.  

Can't roll back to another driver. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors