Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
QC91
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,653
Message 1 of 5

M700 Desktop ThinkCentre does not boot

Hi, my M700 Desktop ThinkCentre does not boot I was doing an Lenovo Firmware update via their software  and it went into  sleep mode and never came out I have tried to unplug and plug it back  in the green power light comes on but no hard drive  light and RJ45 port amber light comes but I don't get anything on my monitor or keyboard not getting any post sounds

Thanks 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,542
Message 2 of 5

Re: M700 Desktop ThinkCentre does not boot

Did you call tech support for assist on this?    (Sorry I was out of pocket for a few days.)

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
QC91
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,496
Message 3 of 5

Hi, Thanks for the reply had to send it to Lenovo they had to replace the system board 

JLad
What's DOS?
Views: 1,435
Message 4 of 5

Experiencing the same issue on 4 machines in our office after a BIOS firmware update. Tech(s) are being dispatched out to look at the machines. The irritating part is these firmware updates were not intiated by our IT staff and were allowed to automatically run with a standard user logged in, during work hours no less.

sgtpoliteness
Paper Tape
Views: 1,389
Message 5 of 5

I have around 60 M700 Tiny desktops in my business and I have had 14 die from the most recent BIOS update (FWKT86A).  It freezes during the update (Write new boot block...), even if left for 12+ hours.  Once manually restarted, they give two short beeps and no display.

A few initiated the update automatically, but removing Lenovo System Update will take care of that.

A 23% failure rate with a BIOS update is alarming, I have never seen anything like this!  It's great that the motherboards get replaced under warranty but this has had a significant impact on my business.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors