Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamato455
Paper Tape
Views: 2,044
Message 1 of 12

M700 Tiny AIO 22 lcd speaker volume very low

We purchased several hundred M700 Tinys with AIO 22 lcds.  The lcds have built in speakers.  However even at max, the volume is very low.  No where near what even these tiny speakers should do IMO.  I have updated drivers with no change.  I am not sure if it is just poor speakers, or if the m700 is not driving them hard enough through the usb connection

Does anyone else have a combo similar that is having same issues? Find any fix?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Guru
Views: 2,033
Message 2 of 12

Re: M700 Tiny AIO 22 lcd speaker volume very low

Hi jamato455, welcome to the forums.

Since you have a lot of Thinkcentre machines, and you may be a corporate customers, remember that the formal way to get support from Lenovo is opening a ticket. ... just in case.

My ideas of what to try will be:

1) Connect a different kind of speakers (normal ones, not USB) to the M700 machine and check if the sound is fine.

2) Connect the AIO LCD to another machine, a laptop or any PC (that is not the M700) and see how it sounds.

With that two things you have been doing some "trial and error" to see if the problem is the M700.

3) Try to check how the AIO 22" LCDs USB Audio gets recognized by Windows. Play with the sound settings on Windows just to be sure that the "USB Audio" is the default one.  Also you can check the drivers of USB Audio device to see if that may be the source of the problem.

I hope this can give you some hints.

Regards

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,981
Message 3 of 12

Did you get a resolution on this?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
jamato455
Paper Tape
Views: 1,975
Message 4 of 12

No resolution yet.  I have a ticket out with lenovo, but have not hear back yet.  I tried the suggestions in the previous post.  External speakers seem to work fine (though they are powered, so can't really say if the output jack is pushing what it should).  Cannot hook another pc to the monitor speakers (the AIO uses a usb dock type connector to connect to the tiny)

I am going to try hooking the tiny to another style of monitor with integrated speakers and see if it acts any different (to rule out the tiny itself).  If it ends up being as designed, I am really dissapointed in the design of both the tiny and the AIO lcd.  I don't expect to be knocked down by sound volume, but it should be louder than it is

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,971
Message 5 of 12

Can you give me some more details?   The 4 character model of the system, the OS, the version and date of the BIOS?   Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
jamato455
Paper Tape
Views: 1,947
Message 6 of 12

M700 (tiny) (10HY0021US)

Monitor: AIO 22 (10LK-PAR6-WW)

OS (tested in win7 and Win10)

Bios: FWK54A

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,942
Message 7 of 12

Thx.  Have you tried updating a couple to the latest ver. 58 BIOS?   Is the sound the same low level on all of them? 

jamato455
Paper Tape
Views: 1,937
Message 8 of 12

I have updated a few, but for unrelated issue so I did not test sound. I am a little hesitant to update bios as so far two of the 4 machines I have updates have had issue (one bricked, and the other took forever to finally boot up after the update). Ill try the one I am currently testing on.
jamato455
Paper Tape
Views: 1,891
Message 9 of 12

I updated the bios.  No change in sound volume output

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,885
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for trying that.   Where are you at working with Tech Support?  Is the sound level the same on all systems, do any work correctly? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors