US

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 2

M700 Tiny Displayport issues

2017-09-13, 14:33 PM

Hello all,

I'm having quite the issue with a batch of Lenovo M700 (10HY 21US) tinys. I've had at least a dozen with displayport issues. We purchased them in bulk from our vendor about 9 months ago, and are just now getting around to using them to replace older models. We're running Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise.

We're running into issues with the monitors connected thru the displayport to VGA cutting out. It doesn't matter which port we use, the monitor will still cut out. We've tried different displayport adapters, we've tried different monitors, etc. It seems to happen regardless of hardware brand. We've also managed to run Lenovo system update, update the bios and all of the drivers, etc.

We're very stumped at the moment because after everything we have tried the monitors will still cut out and come back on. It's definitely NOT a monitor issue. Also, there is no VGA port on the M700 model we have. If we use a 3rd party USB to VGA adapter we have no issues, it's just the displayport to VGA that we have issues with.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Options

2 Posts

10-09-2017

US

4 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: M700 Tiny Displayport issues

2017-10-09, 19:03 PM

I am having the same issue. (2) M710q - Machine type 10MR004HUS and 10MR004FUS

Used Windows 8.1 (64 bit) custom image. Ran Lenovo system update. Updated BIOS and every driver that the Lenovo System Update said we needed. After everything, there is nothing left to install. Didn't work. I tried all 3 display ports with 2 monitors. Went to Intel's website, and downloaded its latest version driver. (I used their automatic driver tool) Windows still only detects 1 monitor. I went into the BIOS and set the display mode from auto to IGD, and still nothing. BIOS revision level  M1AKT28A. BIOS date 9/13/2017. Device manager does not see a problem, and when I expand the "Monitors" category, it shows just the 1 monitor. I click on View, show hidden devices, it shows the other monitor as being disconnected. It is gray. I tried removing it from device manager, and rebooting, but that did not work either

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save