Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcveyfacs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,099
Message 1 of 8

M700 Tiny Monitor Issues

My organization has purchased a number of M700 Tiny units, So far there have been a few minor issues but nothing spectacular. But one issue we keep coming across is a dual monitor problem on machines with only one monitor connected.

The problem is the user comes in and turns on the machine and gets past the HDD password we have setup and then gets into windows and all they see is a black screen. Ifthey move the mouse to the screen they can see it. We get a call about a black screen and nothing on it. We go to the system and find it is plugged in and all is good. Windows 10 is acting like it has dual monitors setup but the unit has never had a second screen connected to it. The M700 has dual Display Ports on it. I am finding this issue on either of the two ports but usually the one not close to the power adapter. If the monitor is plugged into the one mentioned I moved it to the one closest to the power and that seems to resolve the issue for most. Every now and the problem is with the one closest to the power adapter.

I have run all the system updates from Lenovo System Updater and still find this randomly happens. I am guessing this is a windows 10 issue. The machines do not yet have the anniversary update. That is something we are planning on rolling out soon. Does anyone have any suggestiongs for this type of problem? Has any one else experienced this?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,048
Message 2 of 8

Re: M700 Tiny Monitor Issues

The monitors are attached via DP (DP to DP)?  What size and what res.?   You don't mention the BIOS version and date. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
rmcveyfacs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,045
Message 3 of 8

Yes they are connected DP to DP. They are 1920x1080, They are Lenovo T2224pD monitors and the systems have the latest bois, and the latest drives from Lenovo.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,042
Message 4 of 8

Windows 10 is acting like it has dual monitors setup but the unit has never had a second screen connected to it. The M700 has dual Display Ports on it.

Are they running the OS as received from Lenovo, or did these system have an image installed on them?   If so, did the image PC have dual monitors? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
rmcveyfacs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,039
Message 5 of 8

It was a created image by us with only one monitor attached.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,028
Message 6 of 8

I am guessing this is a windows 10 issue. The machines do not yet have the anniversary update. That is something we are planning on rolling out soon.

There was a significant enhancement to the Display capability with Win 10, and it's possible that the Anniversary Update can correct a problem there.  

bycengo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,984
Message 7 of 8

i have simular problem with m700 tiny too, while pc boots up there is no screen appear try several time to change DP and sometimnes screen working, and pc is working connect with teamviewer from another computer m700 didnt recognised the monitor DP ports didnt working proparly. Tried another LG hd and smart tv 's same issue on them too, and i read post bios last ver didnt help users how can we fix this ?

Monitor : Asus 21.5" vk228h led monitor

https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Monitors/VK228H/

DP to HDMI & DVI both tried issue contiunues

ssxt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,603
Message 8 of 8

Same issue w/multiple M700's purchased over the last 2-3 months (5-2017).  Running our image of Win10E build 1511. If only one monitor is connected sometimes it'll work - or not.

Thankfully, most our users are using DUAL monitors, which doesn't seem to be an issue.

All are connected via DP to DVI or DP to VGA adapter - doesn't matter.  

We're coming from a Wyse and HP TC enviroment where most users had dual monitors w/OUT this issue using Windows 7 Embedded.

Anyone found a fix?

Thanks

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors