Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thekingofspain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 117
Message 1 of 3

M700 & bios M05KT86A Windows 10 wake from sleep issue

Updated the M700 bios to the latest version,  M05KT86A 30 Sep 2019, and since then the machine does not wake up from extended sleep in windows 10.  I have not rolled back the bios to confirm the old bios corrects the issue as of yet.  I only saw one opton in the new bios around power consumption and power states however.  I just turned on the extended power save mode on, to see if that corrects the issue even though this choices would be counter intuative to the issue.  Note that I can hear the harddrive spin up and the computer screens do wake up from sleep with this bios, but there is no video output.  My guess is that the bios is not handling turning on the video card from sleep state.  Using an dedicated video card vs built intel video.

Lenovo Support please create a ticket on this issue.

thekingofspain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 2 of 3

Re: M700 & bios M05KT86A Windows 10 wake from sleep issue

Confirmed that rolling back to the previous version of the bios corrects the wake from sleep issue.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 90
Message 3 of 3

Re: M700 & bios M05KT86A Windows 10 wake from sleep issue

@thekingofspain wrote:

Lenovo Support please create a ticket on this issue.

The Forum is not run by Lenovo Tech Support.  If you wish to create a ticket, please call it into Tech Support.  Ty. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors