Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bderoissy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,289
Message 1 of 6

M700 tiny intel HD 510 flickering screen issues

Hi Everyone,

Our customers who use Lenovo M700 tiny to run our java based application for french pharmacys encounter frequent flickering issues on their computer. We have other customers who face exactly the same problem on computers from other brands. The common point between all these customers seems to be that all these computers use the intel hd 510/530 graphics.

a zipped flickering video example is attached to this post.

We updated every bios/graphic/chipset driver we could without any positive result.

As a Lenovo trade partner , we asked Lenovo for support but until there, no result either.

This morning , i downloaded the last available Intel HD 510 driver on the Intel support Website, which driver is not yet available on Lenovo M700 support page. I hope this will work (i'll tell you if so), the release notes tell it corrects flickering problems for games like Doom3D and others...

The goal of this post is to show the community an example of our flickering issue and to know if anyone already encountered such a problem like this.

Could you please let me know if it already happened to you ?

Thanks for your replies

B. De Roissy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,263
Message 2 of 6

Re: M700 tiny intel HD 510 flickering screen issues

You don't mention your OS?   Significant difference between them with regard to gfx performance. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
bderoissy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,261
Message 3 of 6

Hi again,

Sorry 

Here are the tech Specifications :

Lenovo M700 Tiny Model 10J0

O.S = Windows 7 / 64

Ram = 4 or 8 GO

SSD 128 GO

Something else i forgot to mention : we found a work around that makes the problem vanish : The flickering issue does not appear when we set to 16bits the color depth in the INTEL HD510 Graphics properties.

Many Thanks for your interest.

bderoissy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,258
Message 4 of 6

Hi again,

Sorry 

Here are the tech Specifications :

Lenovo M700 Tiny Model 10J0

O.S = Windows 7 / 64

Ram = 4 or 8 GO

SSD 128 GO

BIOS Revision Level = FWKT57A

Intel Skylake Chipset driver Version = 10.1.1.9

Intel AMT Version = 11.0.0.1166

Intel GFX Driver Version = 20.19.15.4474

Something else i forgot to mention : we found a work around that makes the problem vanish : The flickering issue does not appear when we set to 16bits the color depth in the INTEL HD510 Graphics properties.

Last update :I've manually installed the last stable Intel HD510 graphic driver that i found on the intel web site (version 20.19.15.4501) and the problem is still ther. I've seen there one more further beta version. I'll try tomorrow. 

If you have any ideas, be welcome Smiley Happy

Many Thanks for your interest.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,249
Message 5 of 6

Is it possible to use with 16-bit color?   With many business apps, there is no visible difference between 16 and 32-bit.

Have you tested with Win 10?   Skylake graphics perform better on Win 10. 

Since it appears to be not Lenovo specific, have you tried the Intel Graphics forum

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
bderoissy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,227
Message 6 of 6

Hi BiggAl,

Thanks for your reply.

We can't use it in 16 bits because we generally connect a usb connected 8 inches GlanceTron GT8 screen in order to display commercials (extended desktop mode). The 16bits settings totally crashes the display on this second screen. Bad luck...

We cannot use windows 10 yet, we have some other hardware compatibility problems with it. So we have to remain in Win7 still for a few months.

I wrote on this forum because Lenovo is our main PC provider. In my opinion, It's up to Lenovo to fix my problem, even if it requires from Lenovo to get solutions from Intel.

But you're right, i gonna try on Intel's Forums.

Thanks for your help.

bderoissy

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors