Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fiendishthingy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,267
Message 1 of 3

M70e - No video output after BIOS setting change

I was messing around with the bios settings this morning and changed my video settings from peg/pci to a different setting (igp) and now I have NO video output therefor I can't see the bios screen to change it back. 

For reference I am running a thinkcentre M70e desktop.

At first when I would reboot I would hear the sound like Windows was still loading in the background but now I don't even hear that so who knows what I've done. 

is there any way to do a reset while having a totally black screen?

i'm trying to avoid taking apart the computer if at all possible. 

Mod:   edited subject line to clarify problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,235
Message 2 of 3

Re: No video output M70e, please help!

@Fiendishthingy wrote:

I was messing around with the bios settings this morning and changed my video settings from peg/pci to a different setting (igp) and now I have NO video output therefor I can't see the bios screen to change it back. 

If it was set to peg/pci, that implies you have a (add-in) graphics card installed.   Is that correct?   Setting the BIOS to igp disables a graphics card, to use the built-in graphics.

Have you tried using the video ports that are built into the system?  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Fiendishthingy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,229
Message 3 of 3

Re: No video output M70e, please help!

Thanks for the response! I went ahead and just opened up the computer and took out the cmos and let the bios reset it self. All is good now!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors