Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heymanniceshot
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 11 of 17

Re: Max RAM for a M70e?

i have stuffed a 775w PSU in my m70e, also a GT720, i was curious about max ram for the board. i have a 64bit OS with windows 10, i think 8gb max is what i hear, but i think it goes to 16gb maybe, dont hold me to that. i only have 4gb as of right now until i know for sure what the max ram is.

Heymanniceshot
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 12 of 17

what model m70e? Im getting conflicting information about max ram. i have a 64 bit w10 OS. 0806b3u serial # xxxxxxx Tower FF. if it can take 8gb that would be awsome. Thanks.

Mod:  serial number blanked to prevent it's unauthorized use per forum guidelines

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 337
Message 13 of 17

@icuicy wrote:

RAM is 

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

What BIOS version are you running?   (run a sys info, or enter BIOS setup to view)

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Heymanniceshot
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 14 of 17

i just reflashed the bios about a week ago, its the 90KT18AUS, 2-3-2012. its in legacy mode and i dont know if this thing supports UEFI mode.

Heymanniceshot
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 15 of 17

Let me know if you find any info on the max RAM question. If you need more information i can give you my motherboard type(which fails to show in system information but i know what kind board it is). As i understand it 4gb 2x2gb is the max for a 32 bit system but a 64 bit system can hold 8 2x4gb modules. but i cant find any for sure information leading me to believe this. I greatly appreciate your help with this matter. Thanks alot! Scott.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 319
Message 16 of 17

I don't don't know anything further than what is posted on the previous page of this thread.  I asked the BIOS question of the user @icuicy  as way to confirm that your system is the same as his. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 17 of 17

M70e system for sale with 8GB:  ThinkCentre M70E SFF PC - Intel Core 2 Duo-E7500 3.0GHz 8GB 1TB DVDRW

You might inquire if they know what memory was used. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors