Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Nate_
Paper Tape
Views: 1,301
Message 1 of 3

M710 Tiny M.2 Question & vs M910

Hi, 

I'm looking at the m710 Tiny.  Could I buy an aftermarket m.2 SSD to use as the boot drive in this computer?  I'm specifically thinking of the Samsung 960 EVO and wanted to make sure that I could use that one in this model.  To do that, I'm assuming I could clone the drive it comes with and then set it to boot from the m.2 in the BIOS.  Would it be the straightforward?

Any reason to buy the m910 if all I want is the 2 SSDs (1 in Sata and 1 in m.2) and that's it?  I don't think I have a reason for the other m.2 slot right now. 

Edit:  I'm assuming that M710 Tiny can boot from the m.2 drive, right?  That seems like standard stuff now, but still wanted to confirm. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,281
Message 2 of 3

Re: M710 Tiny M.2 Question & vs M910

Yes, to both questions.  A Samsung 960 Evo can be installed, and it can the boot drive.   Also both the M710q and M910q have one M.2 SSD slot, only the M910x has two.  Read the comprehensive posts by on how to migrate boot drive data.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
_Nate_
Paper Tape
Views: 1,261
Message 3 of 3

Re: M710 Tiny M.2 Question & vs M910

That's great to hear, I think that was the only thing holding me back.  Appreciate the help 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors