Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VedranM
Paper Tape
Views: 858
Message 1 of 6

M710q Desktop cant enter BIOS or BOOT menu

Dear Team

One of our clients recently acquired a couple of M710q ThinkCenter Tinny desktops and they wanted to install Win 10 on them but they could not enter BIOS or boot menu wtih standard F1 and F10 commands. Is there another way to do this for this type of machine or are they missing some steps.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Vedran Martinovic

EyeDeeNo
WWAN
Views: 844
Message 2 of 6

Re: M710q Desktop cant enter BIOS or BOOT menu

If it's Win8, are they using Restart because using Shutdown is a hybrid of where contents of memory are saved to disk and this allows for a faster startup however turning on the PC after a hybrid shutdown does not allow for pressing F1 during BIOS splash startup.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 839
Message 3 of 6

What type of keyboard are they using?  If it's wireless or a specialized keyboard (where specific drivers have to load for full functionality), the F1 key won't come active quick enough to break into the BIOS setup.  Use a standard generic wired USB keyboard. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
VedranM
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 4 of 6

Hi

There is no Microsoft OS installed, there is something that looks like Chrome OS.

20190129_093554.jpg

VedranM
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 5 of 6

Hi

They are using a regular USB keyboard. This is the only screen that they can get to.

20190129_093554.jpg

EyeDeeNo
WWAN
Views: 799
Message 6 of 6

Have you contacted Amazon? I see https//csos-help-amazon.com at the bottom of image.

A quick research of csos yielded Communications Switch Operating System. 

Did you or they buy the systems from Amazon? 

Also see AMZNGRNG OFFICIAL so I am thinking they were setup for some capacity of Amazon business operations and is asking for a USB stick or SD card with system files to boot from?

Do you or they receive any UBS sticks (thumb drive) with the computers? If you or they did insert them at the time of boot up to see if can gain access. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors