Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-15-2021

Canada

15 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

M710s desktop wifi card

2021-02-23, 0:22 AM

I'm trying to add wifi and Bluetooth to my desktop and I'm so confused on which one to buy. If anyone has any info or links to which one to buy would be helpful. Plus do I need to buy the antennas for it as well. Model is m710s 

Options

2116 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

230 Signins

10836 Page Views

• Views: 10836
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:M710s desktop wifi card

2021-02-23, 11:35 AM

Hi R3DH3AD,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can also get W-ifi cards with Bluetooth, so you can have both. If I had to pick between the two, then I'd pick Wi-fi hands down every time, but you can get both.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

5099 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8277 Signins

130603 Page Views

• Views: 130603
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:M710s desktop wifi card

2021-02-23, 13:51 PM

01AX769 Intel AC 9260, M.2.  The card must also have the Lenovo part number to work in a Lenovo system.  I don't have this system, but from what I understand, there's an external antenna that mounts to a PCI slot plate that you buy.  And there's an internal antenna that may already be there, open the system and look for the tiny wifi card connector in the vicinity of the wifi M.2 slot.  See the "Replacing CRUs" section of the HMM.  You can search for Lenovo parts here. 

Please, anyone with factory wireless, either correct or confirm.  Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms