Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
moku160
Paper Tape
Views: 100
Message 1 of 3

M715s PRO A8: no display with second gen Ryzen 3 2200G installed

First thanks in advance to all who read and/or answer.

My issue stock specs are:

m715s

mobo: LENOVO 36C7

Bios: O2VKT91A (released May 2019)

Southbridge B350 Rev 11

originally installed with a A8 Pro cpu

trying to install a ryzen 3 2200G

I cant find any motherboard updates and I got no display when booting if ryzen is installed.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mod:  edited Subject line to clarify the problem

moku160
Paper Tape
Views: 38
Message 2 of 3

Re: M715s PRO A8: no display with second gen Ryzen 3 2200G installed

I tried with a video card and still get no display.

Tried with a usb monitor also no display.  And yes I did try the USB monitor with the A8 and it operated fine, although I do have to boot into windows in order for the drivers to load and get a display... but at least I can infer from this that the machine is not booting and its not just a video issue.

I was hoping the issue was that the bios doesnt support Vega graphics but the cpu would work.  Now it looks like the CPU isnt working at all.  Anyone have any ideas?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 20
Message 3 of 3

Re: M715s PRO A8: no display with second gen Ryzen 3 2200G installed

With Intel processed systems, generally it has to be one of the processors that the system could originally be bought with, for a upgraded processor to be recognized (the BIOS has to have the microcode for that particular processor.)  There is a lot less data here on upgrading a AMD processor, but it seems that your results mirror that.  An PRO A12-9800 upgrade would be an option, but other than a higher frequency, is likely not worth the cost:

f-m715s processors.JPG

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors