Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razvan01
Blue Screen Again
Views: 770
Message 1 of 4

M72 Desktop older BIOS

Hello,

I need BIOS for my computer (M72)  from 2012. I recently upgraded to a 2016 version and since then Ubuntu fails to wake up properly from suspend. Do you know where I can find such BIOS?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 501
Message 2 of 4

Re: M72 Desktop older BIOS

Try the 2nd to last BIOS release, it's at the bottom of your system's BIOS page. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Razvan01
Blue Screen Again
Views: 438
Message 3 of 4

Doesn't work. I tried both from 2016 and 2017 none works. Believe I need the original one ~2012. Do you maybe know what lenovo did/upgraded/changed since I tried CentOS and fedora none work anymore?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 415
Message 4 of 4

If a prior BIOS update was done from within Windows (called 'Flash from operating system'), and you have access to the system files from back then, then you can rerun that update again.   They will be in a directory: 

C:\SWTOOLS\FLASH\F1JY72USA

with 72 being the BIOS version number.  

Do you maybe know what lenovo did/upgraded/changed since I tried CentOS and fedora none work anymore?

The instructions for doing a BIOS update also contain a 'summary of changes' section. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors