Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zogun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,184
Message 1 of 7

M73 Tiny (AX) VGA resolution issue

We're using these computers at work and  we have a problem. We use HP Compaq LA2405x/wg 24" monitors, and when we use VGA cables for the display we can only choose 1920x1080 as max resolution when these screens actually have 1920x1200 as native resolution. We are using other computers with VGA-cables and the correct resolution.

I've updated BIOS, Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers and downloaded display drivers for the HP monitors as well, but nothing works.

Please help!

Cheers, Daniel

Zogun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,133
Message 2 of 7

Re: M73 Tiny (AX) VGA resolution issue

Anyone?

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 1,115
Message 3 of 7

from link: 1920x1200 @60Hz VGA. So it should work. Time to call both Lenovo and HP. Or try DisplayPort cable (btw, you have nice 24'' monitors, but are running them on VGA cable? Blasphemy!)

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Zogun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,108
Message 4 of 7

Yeah I know, that's why it's so weird! No all department managers are running a dual-monitor setup, one with DisplayPort and one with VGA, the agents with only one monitor are running DisplayPort ofc!

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 1,100
Message 5 of 7

Then no idea, beside changing cable (should not be an issue), HP / Lenovo must help you now ...

P.S. But I do know that some HP monitors can be tricky, are known to cause trouble (I didn't check with this particular model)

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Zogun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,040
Message 6 of 7

Case closed I guess..

Got the following reply from Intel:

This behavior with VGA + Haswell is expected behavior.

We see that for 1900x1200 resolution,  the dot clock value required by the HP LA240x and LA2405wg displays, is 193MHz.  On Haswell the DAC  (Digital-to-analog converter) for the VGA port is capped at 180MHz, so 1900x1200 is therefore pruned from the modes table.

With the same driver on Ivybridge, the CRT DAC display clock has a limitation of 350Mhz and hence 19x12 isn't pruned.

Thanks

Robert

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 1,035
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for feedback. Interesting info ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors