Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEFan4Ever
Paper Tape
Views: 19,364
Message 1 of 4

M800/900: Clean install of Win7, Keyboard/Mouse not working

I am having an issue getting past this one roadblock on getting a fresh install of Window 7 Enterprise on a newly purchased M800z All-in-One ThinkCentre.  I have done what research I can on the problem but I still cannot find a solution to get the Keyboard and Mouse to respond when I get to the Choose a Language screen during installation.  I have tried a number of solutions including the one described here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility.
---snip---

Purpose

Windows 7* installation media doesn't include native driver support for USB 3.0, so during installation, when you get to the screen to select your preferred language, a keyboard or mouse connected to a USB 3.0 port does not respond.

This Windows 7 USB 3.0 Creator Utility automates the process to update a Windows 7 installation image to include USB 3.0 drivers.

---end snip---

I have also used instruction to update the WIM files with little success as well.  Anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Mod: edited Subject line so system type was more visible

Lostox
What's DOS?
Views: 19,284
Message 2 of 4

Re: Clean install of Win7 Ent - Keyboard/Mouse not working - M800Z

I had the same issue with a M900 try going into the BIOS and change the setting under Devices > USB Virtual KBC Support to ENABLED

NEFan4Ever
Paper Tape
Views: 19,237
Message 3 of 4

That worked to a point.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I now have keyboard but I don't have mouse control.

btnet
What's DOS?
Views: 17,748
Message 4 of 4

Wow, thanks, this was very helpful.

I tought I had to order recovery media, because I used an Image of a M900 Desktop to recover a M900 tiny - where the chipset was different - and I was stuck at the Language screen.

This tip saved us a lot of trouble! Smiley Wink thanks!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors