cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKline
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 1 of 4

M81 Graphics card - is the Nvidia GT730 compatible?

The subject pretty much sums it up, I apologize if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything on the GT730 card from Nvidia. I know the 750Ti is supposedly compatible, but I have a Gt730 I can pick up for a cheap price and I'm not in need of the performance from a 750ti anyways. It's between the Gt730 and a R7250 right now, only going to be picking up the 250 if the Gt730 isn't compatible with the system. Thank you for any input!

Also, my system is the SFF version of the M81. I've found low profile versions of both cards already

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,383
Message 2 of 4

Re: M81 Graphics card - is the Nvidia GT730 compatible?

A good starting point is to check the readme files for the Nvidia driver for your system (check it for all the OSs, the newest driver may have more cards supported.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
DKline
Paper Tape
Views: 1,377
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I didn't even think of this. It took a little bit of hunting but I found the readme and the 730 is indeed supported with a driver update, thank you! For anyone else that might be searching for the same info I was I'll post the link to the page that has the driver and the readme

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/ThinkCentre-M-Series-desktops/Thin...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,368
Message 4 of 4

OK, good choice, I've recommended it to a number of people. 

Two things:  I suggest you do a BIOS update before you install the card (and sufficiently in advance that you know the system is working correctly after.)   And get a GT 730 with DDR5 memory if possible, performance is considerably better than DDR3, and more important than size of memory ie. 1GB vs. 2GB.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors