Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cryptiq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 331
Message 1 of 5

M82 - BIOS update fail - how to revert

I foolishly flashed the latest BIOS posted on the Lenovo website on my entire computer lab of 31 PCs! (I say foolishly because after I had problems, I read through this forum and realized I should have left it alone.) The computers appear to work unless they sleep, in which case they freeze indefinitely with no video and locked keyboard, requiring a hard shutdown and then the error recovery process. For now I have changed each computer to never sleep, but I am hoping for a better solution.

So I tried to go from 9SKT54AUS (from 2012-11-08) to 9SKT9CAUS (from 2018-12-11), which according to @bundies522 is too big of a jump. So now the computers all have the BIOS Rev of 9SKT9CAUS and the Boot Block Rev of 9S54A. From what I understand, I need to flash the old version of the BIOS to get the BIOS rev and Boot Block Rev to  match and then upgrade through multiple BIOS revs to get to the latest. (I wont actually upgrade it though, I just want to recover to the old revision.)

The problem is, I can't find 9sjy54usa.exe anywhere. Using the method that @bundies522 suggested, I can go back as far as https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/9sjy72usa.exe, but no further back than that.

Does anyone know where I can get 9sjy54usa.exe or 9sjt54usa.exe?

Thanks!

Boring Details:

System Type: Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 2607CTO

Processor: intel core  i7-3770

Highlighted
Cryptiq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 2 of 5

Re: M82 - BIOS update fail - how to revert

I have called Lenovo support, but although they are happy to spend a great deal of time explaining to me that my computers are out of warranty, they are unwilling to point me to a location of the file or send me the file. (Not that I'm bitter. OK. I'm bitter. We have standardized on Lenovo at our school and I have purchased over 125 of them, and they aren't willing to send me a single file!)

I am committing to never purchasing another Lenovo ever, in my life. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 240
Message 3 of 5

Were any of these systems updated to ver. 54 using the Windows based upgrade installer?  They may still have the directory that the installer used, and therefore it could be used again (if update done under Win 7 or 8, you may need to create a bootable USB drive with the same OS, and this directory.) 

Did you flash two or three back to 9sjy72.usa?  Have you set some others to hibernate?   Will they wake correctly? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Cryptiq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 231
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your suggestions, BiggAl.

I got excited about your first suggestion because I have one in storage that wouldnt have been wiped clean when I deployed Win 10 Pro, but I booted it up and no such luck. I have the BIOS files from 9sjy86usa, but not older. 

I tried flashing 9SJY72USA using the method given in the readme file (where you create a folder with the latest BIOS files and copy the old Image9S.CAP file into the folder and run flash.cmd) but that gives errors 18 (Secure Flash ROM Veriify Fail) and 24 (Child process failed). There is no change to the BIOS rev or boot block rev.

Any other ideas?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 228
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried hibernate rather than sleep? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors