Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proxito
Serial Port
Views: 2,290
Message 1 of 5

M82 - How to clean install Win 7 on new SSD

Hello to everyone! 
I would like to ask you guys for a bit of assistance.
I recently bought a 2nd hand Lenovo ThinkCentre M82, as much as i like the machine i would love to make it as if it was straight out of the box (software wise). The problem is it came without the original HDD. I bought a SSD and i'm planning on installing Windows 7. How should i go about in doing so ? I want to have the recovery partition and all the things that the original HDD had. Like when you clicked on your system information and it had the Lenovo logo and stuff. 

Thanks in advance 
Laterz

Mod:  edited title for clarity

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,281
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M82 -> How to install Windows 7 (like if it was like brand new) on new SSD

The best method would be to order a Product Recovery CD, DVD or USB from Lenovo and use it to reinstall the factory software.

How can I get a Product Recovery CD, DVD or USB from Lenovo

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht035659

Good Luck!

proxito
Serial Port
Views: 2,277
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M82 -> How to install Windows 7 (like if it was like brand new) on new SSD

First off, thanks for being so fast in responding to my thread. What would you say is the 2nd best method then ? Smiley Happy
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,268
Message 4 of 5

There really is not way to get all the factory Lenovo functionality you are seeking since you do not have the origional HD, so your only other option would be to install Windows from sratch and lose the recovrey parition, or find someone who has the recovery media for a M82 that will let you use thier disk.  

It looks like you may be from Brazil, and for some reason it does not appear that Lenovo is shipping there.... not sure why they would not do so., but you may have to call support to find out for sure..     

Good Luck.

proxito
Serial Port
Views: 2,237
Message 5 of 5

Well i hoped that they may've been away around that. I will try to get my hands on a recovery disk then.
Thanks again for the help.
Kudos Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors