Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyur444
Paper Tape
Views: 1,183
Message 1 of 4

M82 SFF with i5-3470 and EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB Gddr5

Hi Guys,

I'd like to inquire if the EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB Gddr5 is compatible/can fit in my lenovo m82 sff. I'm recently finding the best gpu for the said lenovo unit, and I've found this gpu online and its best selling in amazon (according to their site). It looks relatively small and some reviews in youtube says it will fit 99% of the built in cpus out there. I'd like to know if anyone has tried to put one in their sff desktops or is it possible and compatible. like will it fit and belong to the 99% or not making the lenovo sff in the 1%? Thanks Smiley Happy

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,158
Message 2 of 4

Re: M82 SFF with i5-3470 and EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB Gddr5

I don't believe the EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC card is low-profile, which is what is needed for a SFF case.

I recently installed one of these cards in a new home-built mid-tower desktop machine (ASUS Z170-Deluxe motherboard) and it is absolutely full-size form factor (not low-profile), and takes two slots.

Dimensions

• Height: 4.376in - 111.15mm
  • Length: 5.7in - 144.78mm
  • Width: Dual Slot

You might look into the MSI low-profile version of this card instead, although it is a double-fan implementation and thus longer than the EVGA single-fan version.  Both cards have DVI, HDMI and DP.  Double-check the length of the MSI card to ensure it can fit in your M82 SFF case.

kyur444
Paper Tape
Views: 1,119
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for replying. Is the msi version only the 1050 ti low profile available in the market? Or there are other versions? I see this is the only and best choice i have to upgrading the gpu in my sff m82. Im gonna try to find one in the local market here first before buying online, because i found the evga gtx 1050 ti sc 4gb from a local shop here. I hope they got that msi 4gb 1050 ti lp too. But overall, thank you for recommending an alternative for the taking Smiley Happy

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,110
Message 4 of 4

It does appear that there are several different manufacturers who are now making a low-profile version of the GTX 1050ti card.  Again, you should double-check with the manufacturer of each optional card the actual true dimensions of the card,  to be sure it fits in the space available within the M82 SFF case.

Note that all low-profile cards typically come in a box with the full-size bracket attached to the card, but also including a second separate low-profile bracket that you can easily swap by unscrewing the full-size bracket from the card and instead attaching the included low-profile bracket.

Note that the dimensions of the MSI card show as Card Dimensions (L x H) 7.09" x 2.72", which is 180mm x 69mm.  This double-fan card is very long.  The following options seem to be 160-167mm in length, which obviously is a much safer length to use in a SFF case with its limited space.

(1) Gigabyte also makes one that is a single-fan design.  This is shorter than the MSI double-fan version.

• Card size
    H=37 L=167 W=68.9 mm

(2) Zotac also makes one that is a double-fan design.  But it looks shorter than the MSI double-fan version. However if I interpret the dimensions correctly, it seems this card is too tall (111mm) and would NOT be low-profile.  But maybe this is the height of the full-size bracket included, with the card itself being truly low-profile and usable when the low-profile bracket is attached.

• Card Length
    160mm x 111.15mm

(3) GALAX also makes one that is again a double-fan design.

• Dimensions(with Bracket) 182*121*39mm
  • Dimensions(without Bracket) 166*69*34mm

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors