Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotto452
Not applicable
Views: 358
Message 1 of 4

M82 fails to boot following BIOS flash

After flashing an M82 ThinkCentre BIOS using the M82 flash for Spectre/Meltdown the system failed to restart.  The failure mode is that upon application of power (plugging in the AC), the CPU fan will spin and you can hear the DVD drive try to start.  After several seconds, everything spins down and the cycle repeats.  Nothing appears on the display; there are no error codes (beeps or otherwise).  We have attempted to clear the BIOS several times by removing the BIOS jumper, removing the CMOS battery and gone so far as to pull the motherboard and removing all components to resent. The failure mode remains the same.  Looking for input on any other way to clear or reflash to BIOS.

BiggAl
Not applicable
Views: 339
Message 2 of 4

Re: M82 fails to boot following BIOS flash

Burn a bootable CD with CD ISO image, and follow directions exactly for "recovering from a failed BIOS update" in the HMM.  May take multiple tries. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
scotto452
Not applicable
Views: 331
Message 3 of 4

Please clarify: CD ISO image of of the M82 BIOS update? What is HMM?
BiggAl
Not applicable
Views: 327
Message 4 of 4

Google for "lenovo, M82, bios", and see the "Read First" pinned thread above for HMM. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors