05-18-2016 02:59 AM - last edited on 06-18-2016 12:18 PM by BiggAl
Recently i'm facing issue with connecting desktop to double monitor. My unit is Lenovo M83, 1 unit using vga and the other using displayport cable.
1. i've enable the multiple monitor setting on BIOS as per sugest from the other post.
2. If i check on screen setting ( on display list ) it's detected the second monitor
3. The primary display detect on display no. 2 which is connected to VGA port,
4. Display no. 1 show blank and can't set to primary display
5. I've trying to set extend display , the setting alway back to only show display no. 2
6. I also have change the cable but still facing the same issue.
Any idea which setting i need to check again?
thank you in advance
~ neb ~
Mod: edited title for clarity
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-18-2016 06:28 AM
What OS are you using? Can you tell me the BIOS version and date (run 'system information' bios info 1/2 way down first page)? The monitor, has a DisplayPort interface?
05-18-2016 05:55 PM
05-18-2016 06:22 PM
OK, so first thing, update the BIOS. I'm not seeing anything in the update that affects the video, but there are security fixes, you want those. Go to the Lenovo support page for your system, select Win 7 and BIOS, best to use the CD ISO.
Second, give me the info on the DP to VGA cable. Does your monitor have no other interface?
05-18-2016 07:10 PM
05-18-2016 07:23 PM
even more confused. Can you explain in detail how the monitors are cabled, I assume off the VGA port??
05-18-2016 08:53 PM
That's the second monitor? the first is off the native VGA port?
05-18-2016 10:00 PM
I'd say the DP to VGA adapter. It's not as easy as people think, because it's going from digital to analog. Are you sure that there aren't other inputs to the monitors other than VGA that can be used??