Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
old_thinkcentre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 149
Message 1 of 6

M83 dual display output issue

hi everyone 

I have a M83 Tower (10AK) with a dGPU installed, and I have two monitors, one of which is connected to the iGPU, and the other is connected to the dGPU. I followed the instructions at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/hk/en/solutions/ht062228 , but while it works fine windows, I can't get the boot menu. This is what happens when I turn on my M83:

1. Both monitors power on, but remain blank.

2. The monitor connected to the IGP turns on and displays the windows loading screen, but the monitor connected to the dGPU remains blank.

3. The monitor connected to the IGP goes blank, while the monitor connected to the dGPU displays the windows lockscreen.

As seen above, the lenovo splash screen is not displayed, which makes it harder to get into the BIOS or choose a temporary startup device, since I can't get to the boot menu.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 113
Message 2 of 6

Re: M83 dual display output issue

What graphics card are you using?  And what video ports does it have?  Are you able to connect both monitors to it? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
old_thinkcentre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 108
Message 3 of 6

Asus PHOC GTX 750,

VGA+HDMI+DVI

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 104
Message 4 of 6

Ok.  Since you have a GTX 750, why run one monitor off internal graphics, the 750 has a magnitude of better performance.  Can you connect both monitors to it? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
old_thinkcentre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 91
Message 5 of 6

it's a bit difficult to explain - my M83 shares the second monitor (connected to iGPU via VGA) with my ThinkPad, with the ThinkPad connected to the monitor via a MiniDP to HDMI adapter (the ThinkPad's VGA port is connected to another monitor). The reason I do this is a) the second monitor has integrated speakers, and since HDMI carries audio, I've been using it as my ThinkPad's speakers and b) I don't use the second monitor for graphics-intensive applications, and it doesn't justify buying another HDMI/VGA switch when the iGPU does the job just fine.

note: the monitor only has VGA and HDMI inputs.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 73
Message 6 of 6

If you disconnect either monitor, do you then get the splash screen and boot options on the one remaining monitor? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors