cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wulf_68
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 1 of 3

M83p won't boot anymore, Win 10 (64) after BIOS "OS Optim. Settings" were enabled

Dear All,

I am new to the forum and need your help. I have done a forum and a google search prior to posting.

A friend of mine (Computer expert *lol*) changed the settings of my ThinkCentre BIOS. He said it would make my computer faster... He set the "OS Optimized Setting" to Enalbled. Now the computer does not boot anymore and I cannot even enter the BIOS anymore.

After pressing the power switch, all that happens is that I hear the fans running, however, the monitors do not wake up (even at the internal graphics adapter) and I cannot boot Win 10 from USB stick or CD.

Is there an emergency entery for the BIOS or what can I do to fix the problem? All my friend then said was "Sorry, I didn't know this could happen...".

Machine details:

ThinkCentre M83p, i7-440..., 16 GB ram
BIOS: most recent F...D5AUS (March 29.)

Thanks in advance,

Wulf

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 130
Message 2 of 3

Re: M83p won't boot anymore, Win 10 (64) after BIOS "OS Optim. Settings" were enabled

I suggest doing a "BIOS update failure recovery" in the HMM, by moving the jumper with bootable BIOS update media present.  (See the pinned "Read First ...." thread.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Wulf_68
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 3 of 3

Re: M83p won't boot anymore, Win 10 (64) after BIOS "OS Optim. Settings" were enabled

Hi BiggAl,

sorry for the late response.

I did what you had suggested and it worked fine Smiley Happy The biggest problem was to find something I could relocate the jumper (from 1-2 to 2-3 and back) with. My hands/fingers are to big to fit between the huge graphics adapter and the tower case...

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,

Wulf

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors