Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LIGHTHORSE521
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,994
Message 1 of 3

M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

I received a new M900, and set it up as per instructions. I have a Dell S2415H HDMI monitor attached with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter to an NVIDIA GT720 graphics card. When I power up, the system disk light indicates that it's working, but the monitor doesn't respond. Researching this, someone has suggested that for the initial power-up, a VGA cable might be required, and the driver to facilitate the Dell monitor could then be installed. Has anyone experienced this problem, and found a solution? Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,950
Message 2 of 3

Re: M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

1.  Some DP to HDMI cables only work for specific product combinations.    I recommend using Lenovo DP adapters or AMD approved adapters (Google for the list.)    If you can bypass this cable, and/or see if any of the other ports work, that would be great. 

2.   Could be the BIOS needs to be set for the add-on graphics card.    Put a monitor directly on the built-in ports, and check the BIOS video settings for enablement of the PCIe graphics card. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
LIGHTHORSE521
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,940
Message 3 of 3

Re: M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

Thank you for your reply.

Problem seems to be a bad NVIDIA card. I got the system up by cabling VGA after pulling the card out. Reinserting the card, I was unable to get a signal to the monitor. I've set the BIOS settings to the recommendation of a Lenovo tech, but still couldn't get the card to work. Adapter is a Lenovo branded model, purchased with the system.  As second adapter, also listed with Lenovo, didn't work either.

I'm getting a replacement video card today, and if that doesn't work, I'll go with VGA until I can sort this out to my satisfaction.

Thank you very much for your reply.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors