Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LIGHTHORSE521
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,898
Message 1 of 3

M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

I received a new M900, and set it up as per instructions. I have a Dell S2415H HDMI monitor attached with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter to an NVIDIA GT720 graphics card. When I power up, the system disk light indicates that it's working, but the monitor doesn't respond. Researching this, someone has suggested that for the initial power-up, a VGA cable might be required, and the driver to facilitate the Dell monitor could then be installed. Has anyone experienced this problem, and found a solution? Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,854
Message 2 of 3

Re: M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

1.  Some DP to HDMI cables only work for specific product combinations.    I recommend using Lenovo DP adapters or AMD approved adapters (Google for the list.)    If you can bypass this cable, and/or see if any of the other ports work, that would be great. 

2.   Could be the BIOS needs to be set for the add-on graphics card.    Put a monitor directly on the built-in ports, and check the BIOS video settings for enablement of the PCIe graphics card. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
LIGHTHORSE521
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,844
Message 3 of 3

Re: M900 Desktop HDMI Monitor Problem

Thank you for your reply.

Problem seems to be a bad NVIDIA card. I got the system up by cabling VGA after pulling the card out. Reinserting the card, I was unable to get a signal to the monitor. I've set the BIOS settings to the recommendation of a Lenovo tech, but still couldn't get the card to work. Adapter is a Lenovo branded model, purchased with the system.  As second adapter, also listed with Lenovo, didn't work either.

I'm getting a replacement video card today, and if that doesn't work, I'll go with VGA until I can sort this out to my satisfaction.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors