Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnERitter
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 1 of 7

M900 M910Q Display Port issues with Dual Displays

Morning,

Trying to figure out something here, this is, for all intents and purposes, something new for me, as I've been mostly a "Mom n Pop" Tech vs "Business Tech" so, anyway.

I'm working with M900, and M910Q with Intel 530 Integrated for video. I'm trying to trouble the following issues to verify if I missed anything, before punting said minipcs to Lenovo for RMA.

Anywho, issues: 

1. A M910Q, only the DP port with the metal bracket will work. When the Primary is plugged in, any secondary plugged into the other ports will show up under that port when looking at it in the Intel GFX Display view. I figured this out when I changed the resolution on the 2nd monitor, primary changes. Primary is the live monitor.

2. We have a number of M910s and M900's where when trying to use dual monitors, thru DP -> VGA or DP -> DVI. Monitors would flicker like strobe lights. This can sometimes be bandaided by swapping cables and adapters, but not completely remove the issue.

I will point out that we do not have any actual DP Capable monitors on site. Not yet anyway, and those that will be, are going to ThinkCentres with Discrete Cards in them...

Ideas? Am I miss anything? I don't see anything in the BIOS to help me, and updating the drivers doesn't seem to provide resolution either. Most are running old drivers, but a few are running the latest for the machine.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 399
Message 2 of 7

Re: M900 M910Q Display Port issues with Dual Displays

What brand and model of DP adapters are you using? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
JohnERitter
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 3 of 7

They are C2G 8" DP to VGA and DP to DVI cables.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 387
Message 4 of 7

No Lenovo or other brand 'DP certified' adapters?  Also, what res. on the monitors?  While native DP is capable of 4K, many adapters are only good for Full HD, beyond that, you need an adapter capable of that res., and it may need to be active. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
JohnERitter
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 5 of 7

The C2G Site reports they are Activate, and TAA Compliant.

Resolutions do not exceed 1920x1080. Resolutions vary between 1024x768, 1280x1024 on some select squares, and 1440x900 -> 1600x900 -> 1920x1080. 19.10 only on some select monitors (maybe 8)

Our VGA type Adapters: https://www.cablestogo.com/product/54323/8in-displayport-male-to-vga-female-active-adapter-converter...

These are the DVIs: https://www.cablestogo.com/product/54321/8in-displayport-male-to-single-link-dvi-d-female-adapter-co...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 357
Message 6 of 7

I have no experience with, or knowledge of the compatibility of the C2G adapters with ThinkCentres.  The TAA compliance is a trade agreement, mattering only if you have a requirement to buy from the GSA schedule.  Companies such as Accell, Belkin, Club 3D, StarTech certify their adapters with DisplayPort.org.   It would be helpful to test with a pair of Lenovo or certified adapters, to eliminate the existing adapters as problematic (as adapters are often the cause of video problems.)    [your C2G VGA adapter is required to be active, as you are going from digital to analog signaling, the DVI adapter shown is passive.]

You wrote that many systems are running old drivers.  This could be an issue, especially if the OS is updated, and now the drivers are out of sync with the OS. 

Update:  have you tried combos were both monitors on the one system are VGA, and both DVI?   How dated are the BIOS versions?

JohnERitter
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 7 of 7

I have not checked the BIOS, awaiting a set of certified Display Port adapters at present. 

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors