Options

5 Posts

04-21-2016

SE

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 1

M900 Set BIOS SecureBoot via WMI missing!

2016-04-21, 13:45 PM

We use WMI to set BIOS settings in an automated enviroment where we deploy 100:s of Lenovo computers on a weekly basis. We have been using the WMI-function to do this with great success during the last few years. Now the M900 model is released and we realised that alot of settings changed name from SecurityChip to Security Chip which forced us to build special customisation to handle this (Lenovo has kept the same names consistently for the last four to five years).

I have managed to figure out most settings via the ListAll.vbs-script that calls for all settable settings in the BIOS via WMI. I even tried with the official BIOS backup utility but it returns the same result.

Secure Boot is not possible to set any more. I have tried founding it in other options but it is not listable as a possible setting via WMI any more.

I can of course set it via the BIOS setup utility manually but that is not a feasible solution when deploying hundreds of computers. We have it automated on all other Lenovo models since the last few years, even the new ThinkPad X260, T460s, X1 and so on is working perfectly. All except the M900 model!

We desperatly need help to be able to set this setting for our deployment center!

Regards,

Henrik

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete