Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VanceVEP
Not applicable
Views: 1,642
Message 1 of 4

M900 Tiny BIOS

Frustrated... someone suggested that I update the BIOS on my newly acquired Tiny M900. I went to the Lenovo support page, downloaded the CD ISO, created a bootable USB, but now what? Do I just drop the ISO into the USB? Does it have to be "burned"? I tried just dropping the ISO into the bootable USB but upon reboot, my machine just went straight into Windows. I looked around in the BIOS but did not see anything (that an end user with my limited techno geek knowledge) indicated there was any issue with the boot order. Also, I'm concerned because according to the BIOS screen, my machine's current BIOS version is FTWC21a, but it looks like all the BIOS versions listed in the READ ME file start with FWKT?! Can anyone just provide clear instructions on how to create the bootable USB flash drive and update the BIOS? Thank you in advance!

VanceVEP
Not applicable
Views: 1,640
Message 2 of 4

Re: M900 Tiny BIOS

Correction: The BIOS screens says the BIOS version is FTWC21A, but I see in the Lenovo Companion application that it's showing as FWKT38A. According to the READ ME file, there are 2 BIOS updates since this version.

BiggAl
Not applicable
Views: 1,611
Message 3 of 4

Just Google how to create a bootable USB drive in Windows, Rufus is a good, easy utility to use instead of the Windows tools.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
VanceVEP
Not applicable
Views: 1,606
Message 4 of 4

I installed Rufus and created a bootable drive, but can't get the system to boot to it. When I did get it to boot into DOS, it wouldn't recognize the ISO to install. I need someone with the patience to give me step by steps, but I haven't found a site through Google searching that explains it in depth.

Here's a link to a picture of what happens when I try to boot with the USB drive that has the BIOS update on it using Rufus.

https://goo.gl/photos/AD4VAquyv1b88ykE9

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors