Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iverieli
Paper Tape
Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 8

M900 Tiny Display port problem

Hi,

I have M900 Tiny and Lenovo 2324 24" Diplasy using Displayport adapter and HDMI cable. The monitor blacks out for two or three seconds and comes back while watching Movie (Netflix, other online streaming) and sometimes blackout and if I do not reconnect cable, screen stays black.

1. Update video driver manually, found instruction here, still same

2. changed HDMI cable, not displayport (female to HDMI) adaptor, which is brand new, still same

3. uninstalled Intel video card drive, restarted and Windows installed it again, still same.

Same happens from both outputs, I was searching solutions for three days, tried different ways, nothing changed.

Any ideas? I bought DisplayPort Adaptor from Maplin.

P.S. Also, when I connect M900 to my TV with Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor, after 10 minutes, it disconnects.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,187
Message 2 of 8

Re: M900 Tiny Display port problem

What resolution?  How long is the HDMI cable?  Win 10?  It only blacks out while watching video, and not web surfing?  Have you been in touch with Maplin Tech Support?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Iverieli
Paper Tape
Views: 1,135
Message 3 of 8

The resolution is 1920X1080 and HDMI cable is 1 metre long. OS WIndows 10 Home 64bit. Yes, it only blacks out while wathcing video, and not web surfing but I do not tried games yet. No, I do not contacted with Maplin Tech Support becouse I thought the problem was software side not hard.

I am not sure but I think all this started after I installed Intel Dual Band AC-8260 card with Lenovo antenna and wifi cable, will try today remove it and watch video again.

Iverieli
Paper Tape
Views: 1,125
Message 4 of 8

I removed Intel Dual band AC-8260 but if I start any video it blacks out, 2 seconds max or 3 and comes back, but the video even froze, I tried different brousers, also MKV file, youtube, anything not even single time it played. Restarted, tried again and seems fine but still black screen Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,119
Message 5 of 8

Reinstall the Chipset driver.   What version of BIOS?   Have you run Lenovo diagnostics?   Is it still under warranty? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Iverieli
Paper Tape
Views: 1,114
Message 6 of 8

I did all of them, checked, reinstalled, BIOS is latest. I even download zip version of drive, and followed the instructions you linked in other topic. Still same, I think now, its video card's problem, its faulty but when I run diagnostics everything seems fine. Even Skype video was great, never blacked out or flicked.

Format HDD and Install Windows 10 again will help?

I have no idea about warranty, because I bought it from eBay.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,111
Message 7 of 8

You can check the warranty with the serial number.  Reinstalling Win 10 may help.   Also check the processor temps with HWMonitor (free version.) 

Iverieli
Paper Tape
Views: 1,081
Message 8 of 8

I checked warranty and found out I have it until 14/08/2019 Smiley Happy) and upgraded warranty until 30/06/2020, thats very nice.

So, this is very very weird but I will say what happened. When I order Intel Dual band AC-8260 it came with Lenovo antenna and cable, especially for it and later I also order iPad 4 bluetooth antenna, which delivered yesterday and I installed it too, so screen blackouts stopped, it only happens when I watch something on Netlifx and just from the beginning, no other video streaming or watching anything makes screen out. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter also works great, no more disconnecting, nothing.

I have no idea how that bluetooth antenna solved all this, but this is the only real explanation. Smiley Happy))

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors