Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksd
What's DOS?
Views: 8,444
Message 1 of 6

M900 Tiny M.2 drive specifications

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about getting an M900 Tiny, but I was looking at the spec sheet, and it's not clear if the M.2 slot supports PCIe Gen 3 x4 lanes.  I'm afraid it might only support 2 lanes.  Does anyone know?

Thanks!

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,418
Message 2 of 6

Re: M900 Tiny M.2 drive specifications

HI.

As your team ThinkCentre M900, this is what the manual detailing, has a slot for M2SATA.

Sin título.png

Manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/m700_m900_tiny_ug_en.pdf

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
ParsleyLion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,386
Message 3 of 6

Hi. This link http://goo.gl/f4uTcX shows someone adding a 256 GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD PCI NVMe drive to a M900 Tiny and getting excellent results. So I assume from this that the M900 Tiny supports PCIe x4 & NVMe. I'm currently waiting for an ordered M900 Tiny and have purchased an 128GB Samsung SM951, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD drive (MZVPV128HDGM) to use as the OS drive. HTH. Cheers PL

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,371
Message 4 of 6

Ah ok, good choice in this device if you can apply a mSATA or M2.ya you choose to apply, good luck ..

Regards.
Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 8,343
Message 5 of 6

@ParsleyLion wrote:

Hi. This link http://goo.gl/f4uTcX shows someone adding a 256 GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD PCI NVMe drive to a M900 Tiny and getting excellent results. So I assume from this that the M900 Tiny supports PCIe x4 & NVMe

Very good find, thanks for posting.   I checked his test results against the manufacturer's spec for the drive, and they are right on the money for PCIe x4 (and the spec for type M key connector.)   

Therefore, the spec for this M.2 slot is:   22 x 80 M.2 slot PCIe x4 with a type M keyed connector for installing 2280 drives with a type M or B+M key.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
ParsleyLion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,296
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Al Smiley Happy

A quick update from this end: I've now received my M900 Tiny and after initial soak testing I installed the Samsung SM951 drive I'd purchased and did a clean install of Win 10. The Samsung M.2 drive really flies, the Samsung Magician app shows the board to have and be using 4 x 8Gbps PCIe channels with a total throughput of 32Gbps. The Magician simple throughput test shows 2011/677 Mbps read/write.

On a general note; I'm REALLY impressed with the M900 Tiny. It seems to be very well made and put together and it is a joy to work with and use. I ran a stress test using Prime95 for an hour or so yesterday and although I heard the fan start up and then increase speed when I was close by I couldn't hear it across the room in a domestic environment. It's certainly a lot quieter than the 5 year old mini tower it's replacing which was built with the best 'quiet' components at the time.

Overall a great bit of kit. Smiley Very Happy

Cheers PL

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors