Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashwinmkumar
What's DOS?
Views: 183
Message 1 of 2

M900 Tiny: Questions and Buying Advice

Hi All,

I tried to search the forums, but could not find the information I needed, so here goes.

I am planning on purchasing the M900 Tiny. I think it will be a capable machine. I have a few questions:

1. I am planning on buying the machine with a 500 GB HDD. I plan to install an M2 SSD on my own. How do I get the windows recovery media and is it possible to format the 500GB HDD and install Windows 10 on the SSD and boot from there?
    1. Also, which SSD would you recommend? Will a standard SATA M2 SSD work (cheaper) or do I purchase the specific NVMe SSD (more expensive)? I am OK living with SATA speeds if that means complete compatibility and savings!
  2. Can the pre-installed software be un-installed? I do not need Cyberlink and McAfee and all the other c*** that comes pre-installed
  3. When I try to customize my machine on the website, it asks me about first, second and third graphics dongles. What are these? Are they just adapters?
  4. I dont see an HDMI port listed anywhere. Does this machine come with atleast 1 HDMI port as standard

Any other advice based on your experience would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 143
Message 2 of 2

Re: M900 Tiny: Questions and Buying Advice

Firstly, you are aware that an update, the M910 Tiny, was announced over a month ago, and will be shipping soon.   The detailed specs are available in a thread on this forum.   And that the M710 Tiny has narrowed the gap with M.2 PCIe x4 support, same as the M900 and M910 Tiny.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors