Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hduff
Paper Tape
Views: 3,931
Message 1 of 10

M900 Tiny: multi-monitor support, DP to dual DP adapter

I have been given an M900 Tiny to test running 4 monitors on it.  I have 2 Lenovo DP to Dual DP adapters connected to 4 Lenovo 23.8" Monitors.  3 of the monitors are working, but 1 is not, with just the light flashing on the adapter.  I have been looking at Mosaic Mode, but I want to be able to run all 4 as extended display.

Mod:  edited the Subject line with a problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,906
Message 2 of 10

Re: M900 Tiny

You are using Win 10 Pro?  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
hduff
Paper Tape
Views: 3,903
Message 3 of 10

It is Windows 10 Enterprise Edition 64bit

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,900
Message 4 of 10

OK.   I'm reading up on how that adapter works, expanded mode is where you configure a single wide display in the OS, and it's spread over the 2 monitors? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
hduff
Paper Tape
Views: 3,897
Message 5 of 10

Yep I have two of the adapters plugged into the Tiny with two monitors coming of each adapter. Three of them are working fine in extended mode but the fourth is not connecting and the light on the adapter is just flashing. I was sent a video on using the adapters and picked up on what the woman said aboput using 3 monitors in extended and 4 in mosaic. Just wondering if that is what is happening for me.

May need to look at the M900 SFF I have been given to tests as well and install a quad card to try that instead.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,891
Message 6 of 10

My point was, does it show as 2 displays ultra-wide in the OS, or as 4 displays?

(The Intel graphics processor [with this chipset -- low-end chipsets it's a 2 display max] can support a max of 3 displays.) 

hduff
Paper Tape
Views: 3,874
Message 7 of 10

Sorry Al,

With both adapters plugged in it shows 3 display in extended(ultra-wide) in OS. The 4ths display shows no input.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,871
Message 8 of 10

This Intel FAQ suggests that the maximum number of monitors for extended is 3, for collage is 4.

Intel Graphics -- Frequently Asked Questions for Multiple Displays

hduff
Paper Tape
Views: 3,869
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for confirming Al

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,833
Message 10 of 10

With a SFF (or Tower) system, you can run the Intel graphics at the same time as a PCIe graphics card, providing connection to 4 or more  monitors:

Enabling multiple monitor support: ThinkCentre Edge 71 - M900

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors