Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce_Co
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 4

M900 tiny, a smart body but how about the careness of M.2 nvme performance

I recently purchased a Intel 600p series nvme ssd and plugged in this tiny lady. But she seems get a bit over hot when get this small powerful stick in the body. A similar thread has uncovered this problem, probable due to the UEFI power control. 

The temperature is staying arround 60 C when just surfing the web browser and writing emails. The performance gets unstable when engaging copying large files and loading-demand programs, temp. up to 70 C or higher. Then I have to cool this little finger down by removing my sata ssd from the slot above to bring more airs in. 

This m900 tiny works perfectly with normal 2.5 sata ssd but not able to handle this m.2 little finger well. I am not sure how many m900 users here and would like to update the harddrive to nvme. Just want to draw the attention from lenovo to fix this problem.   

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 200
Message 2 of 4

Re: M900 tiny, a smart body but how about the careness of M.2 nvme performance

Just want to draw the attention from lenovo to fix this problem.   

For that, I suggest you post in the 'General Discussion' forum under 'Special Interest' on right side.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Bruce_Co
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 3 of 4

Can you inform the technical quarter about this? the m900 tiny with nvme is a terrible experience

Bruce_Co
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 4 of 4

Very interesting. I downloaded a lenovo power management tool for win 8 and installed it on win 10. Open the program and choose the power save mode. The Nvme temperature was quickly cooled down to 40 C from 58 C. Now everything is cool !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors