Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7890
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 1 of 5

M90p Desktop (ThinkCentre) ethernet disconnecting every 15 seconds

I'm working on an issue with a Lenovo M90p desktop running Windows 7 64bit. It's connected via cable to a router that works for other devices. the cable has been tested with other devices, so I've narrowed the issue down to this physical device.

• The Windows troubleshooter is unable to fix the problem
  • I tried to disable and reenable the network adapter
  • I've tried to restore to a point in time before the issue started which didn't change anything.
  • I've tried to uninstall the adapter via device manager and rebooted but Windows couldn't find the driver by itself. 
  • I've downloaded the intel ethernet driver from lenovo site manually from a different computer and installed it but it didn't change anything.

Do you have any suggestions to possible next steps? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 326
Message 2 of 5

Re: M90p Desktop (ThinkCentre) ethernet disconnecting every 15 seconds

Try downloading the latest driver for your Intel adapter direct from the Intel download site.   Uninstall and delete the existing driver, reboot and install. 

Before that, re-install the Chipset driver from the Levovo support page. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
user7890
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 3 of 5

Thanks BiggAl, I've installed the latest Lenovo drivers and tried the Intel driver directly from Intel as well and should have been on the list - but no luck with this approach either. 

Thanks! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 312
Message 4 of 5

Have you given thought to installing a PCI GigE card?   Or using a USB wireless adapter? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
user7890
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 5 of 5

Hi BiggAl,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm unfortunately supporting a user abroad in this case so swapping cards are not an option at this point. We've decided to move on to an external network card for now and revisit when the user is back in the office and I can have hands on.

Thank you!  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors