Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fungi999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,545
Message 1 of 4

M90p Tower: GPU upgrade to GTX 1050 Ti? SOLVED: installed GTX 1060

I have a m90p 5498F2M tower desktop I was wondering if my motherboard would be compatible with a GTX 1050 Ti ,

specifically ( INNO3D GTX 1050 Ti X2)

- in terms of BIOS and being able to supply enough power through the PCI express port.

I think my mother board is a iq57m (not sure on the bios but I know it is from 2010 and that it is legacy)

I have looked at the support page and under the nvida drivers readme, the 1050 Ti was listed.

I know the card will fit, as i have already fitted a Asus Radeon HD7750, also i have put in a new 450 watt PSU already.

Thanks

Mod:  edited Subject line to add solution

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,274
Message 2 of 4

Re: M90p 5498F2M GPU upgrade(GTX1050 Ti)

@Fungi999 wrote:

I have a m90p 5498F2M tower desktop, I was wondering if my motherboard would be compatible with a GTX 1050 Ti ,

specifically ( INNO3D GTX 1050 Ti X2) ;    I have looked at the support page and under the nvida drivers readme, the 1050 Ti was listed ;   I know the card will fit, as i have already fitted a Asus Radeon HD7750, also i have put in a new 450 watt PSU already.

The graphics card white list is not so explicit that certain makes of card will work and others will not.  

So, if the card model is on the supported card list (or from a search here is known to work), you have enough power for it, and it will fit in the available slot length, then 99.9% chance it will work (all baring that the x16 slot is defective, which has happened here before, once or twice.)

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Fungi999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,241
Message 3 of 4

To those who see this post and are thinking the same, 

I ended up buying a Gigabyte gtx 1060 OC 3G,

It works perfectly so far, no compatability issues with the older motherboard and can run games on high and at 1080p.

Despite the older motherboard and first gen i5-650 (which hasn't caused any bottlenecking issues) everything runs smoothly.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,238
Message 4 of 4

Well done!  Thanks for reporting back.  Watch the temps, ventilated PCI slot covers next to the card are known to help. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors