Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ignuus66
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 1 of 2

M90p (type 5536) Gpu upgrade issues

So recently I've gotten my hands on a used Thinkcentre M90p 5536 (i3-540, 4gb ram, 500gb HDD, ect...), but I wanted to upgrade the graphics, so I managed to get a gtx 745 (OEM) from a friend, as that was the most modern card I could reasonably get (That would fit, and not consume too much power) . This is where my troubles started. The M90p in question works perfectly on it's integrated gpu, and the GTX 745 works flawlessly in other computers (I tested them), but when I put the GPU into the m90, all I get is the motherboard not POST-ing, and then after waiting a little beeping 5 times. I've updated the BIOS, reset it, reinstalled windows 10, replaced the RAM, to no avail. The computer just wouldn't turn on. When I removed the GPU, however, everything went back to normal.

Is it possible that the GTX 745 is simply incompatible with the M90P, and if yes, can I do something with the Bios(es) to solve this problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,017
Message 2 of 2

Re: M90p (type 5536) Gpu upgrade issues

I've written extensively here on graphics card computability with most recent systems, including the M90p.   If you're at the latest BIOS, and the card is not being recognized, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors