cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 142
Message 1 of 5

M90z AIO: After Win 7 install, error msg "Intel WiFi. Hardware Radio switch is off"

I own a Lenovo M90Z system. It currently has an Intel Centrino N-1000 wireless card.  I just reinstalled Windows 7.  Unfortunately it was not the Lenovo backup.

I am getting the message. "Intel My WiFi technology. Hardware Radio switch off"

Can not log into the internet.

There is not a switch on my system.

Mod:  Edited the Subject line to add System type and "Intel WiFi"

Community SeniorMod
Views: 96
Message 2 of 5

Re: M90z AIO - Msg: Intel WiFi, Hardware radio switch is off

Did you install the wireless driver from the Lenovo support page for this system (downloaded to a different computer, put onto a USB drive)?   I suggest also doing the Chipset driver (and *any* other drivers or programs that may be specific to a AIO system) the same way. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 90
Message 3 of 5

Also, in case you haven't seen this:  Lenovo - How to turn wireless WiFi on/off Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 86
Message 4 of 5

@BiggAl wrote:

Did you install the wireless driver from the Lenovo support page for this system (downloaded to a different computer, put onto a USB drive)?   I suggest also doing the Chipset driver (and *any* other drivers or programs that may be specific to a AIO system) the same way. 

Did for the chipset and adapter.  That is what is frustrating.  What others should I do?

Community SeniorMod
Views: 78
Message 5 of 5

I'm guessing:  Intel AMT, power manager, any keyboard driver that might apply (as there may be a keystroke sequence that turns radio on/off.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors