Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Serial Port

M90z: When starting computer, fan makes loud noise like it is malfunctioning

[ Edited ]

When I start my M90z from hibernate or off the fan is making a loud noise like it is malfunctioning.

It always stops after 1-2 minutes.

This not the loud noise a fan makes when most computers start.  This is noise like something is wrong with the fan. It is a grinding noise.

It actually doesn't bother me that much.  It gives my computer a certain charm. Smiley Very Happy

I just want to know if this is something I should address while I have it under warranty.

Does anyone else have this noise?

Bit Torrent

Re: M90z: When starting computer, fan makes loud noise like it is malfunctioning

Hello mate,

You should call for warranty, may be the bearing...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw