Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesconnor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,336
Message 1 of 5

M91-P unexpected shutdown windows 10

I have a fleet of 15 M91-P desktops on several networks. Users typically log off and leave the computers running. When the computers are idle for two days (say, weekend), they are unresponsive on return. The fans are running, the power light is on, but the computer is otherwise unresponsive.

The power button must be held to shut down the computer, and then pressed again to start. Startup is normal. In the event log, there is an "unexpected shutdown" event logged - indicating that the shutdown occurred some time prior to restarting - like 10 or 12 hours prior.

There are no other events logged that would indicate any type of issue prior to the shutdown event log. I have tried several different power settings and combinations, but none seem to make a difference.

The machines are up to date with the most recent bios and lenovo apps.

Has anyone seen this behaviour and know of a resolution?

Thanks - Les

Guru
Views: 1,313
Message 2 of 5

Re: M91-P unexpected shutdown windows 10

It could be a Windows 10 issue, as the M91-P isn't listed on Lenovo's supported list for WIndows 10 upgrades. Try rolling back to WIndows 8.1 to see if the issue still persists.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,257
Message 3 of 5

Intel does not support this processor (Sandy Bridge) for Windows 10.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
MDR
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,239
Message 4 of 5

I gave up trying to get my M91p to run Windows 10, but I'd love to hear that it works.

Muser
Serial Port
Views: 1,068
Message 5 of 5

I'm running Win10 with no issues!

I do shutdown it down overnight.

I did see the same issue a few times.

I fixed it by entering the BIOS and setting the default options.

When i tried turning off some uneeded feature in the BIOS the issue came back.

Taking the defaults again fix it.

Im running BIOS 9HKT58AUS

Good luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors