cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian103
Paper Tape
Views: 554
Message 1 of 7

M910q tiny - Can't output 4K video to TV no matter what (DP to HDMI)

Hi everyone,

I have Windows 10 Pro 1903, all possible windows updates done, bios too, Lenovo System Update, Lenovo Bridge, all up to date. 

On a 4k Samsung TV using DP output plus an adapter to HDMI ( which does 4k - tried same combo - cable+adapter and even the same hdmi input on the TV with a small HP like this one) i only get 1080p out of this Lenovo.

The other older HP tiny desktop (with an Intel HD 4500 i guess) outputs 4k with no problem.

On M910q i have tried all possible display drivers for Intel HD 530, which this model has. It's the 6th gen Core i5 .

Can't even find aything about it online, has no one used it on a 4k TV so far ?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Adrian

Mod: edited Subject line to expand problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 488
Message 2 of 7

Re: M910q tiny - Can't output 4K no matter what

Can you tell us, exactly which DP to HDMI adapter are you using, brand and model?  Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Adrian103
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 3 of 7

I have a Startech adapter, can't see any model on it, but it does output 4k using the other tiny HP desktop.
I could try and buy a different one, but i'm not sure how it can make a difference considering the above.
Thanks
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 445
Message 4 of 7

Since there's a lot more StarTech DP to HDMI adapters out there that are not truly 4K, I was wanting to verify the adapter as the first step -- does yours look exactly like the adapter here:  StarTech - DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter - 4K 60Hz      (My StarTech DP adapter has a label with model number on the cable itself -- yours may have it molded into the bottom of the adapter)

The second thing to try to to uninstall all existing and previous graphics drivers, until you are back to the 'Basic or Standard VGA' driver, and then install the driver from the Lenovo support page for M910q, download this driver ahead of time. 

Intel - Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Adrian103
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 5 of 7

My adapter is quite similar, but not exactly like that one. I have tried the unninstaling and reinstalling of display drivers, with no luck. 

What is annoying is the fact that the adapter is outputting 4k from the other pc. 

I will try and get a cable or adapter which has specified 4k 60hz, just to be sure, and i'll get back after. 

Thanks a lot for your help !

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 352
Message 6 of 7

Did the new adapter solve the problem? 

Adrian103
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 7 of 7

Yes, I got a Ugreen cable with 4K 60hz specs and it works now , thank you.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors