Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yourskulli5red
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 1 of 4

M91p 32 Bit Ram question

Hello all

i recently upgraded my i7 m91p from 4 gigs ram to 16, the max allowed on my machine. However only 2.8 are usuable, I've been told it's because I'm running 32 bit os, and need to clean install a 64 bit. How would I know if I can install 64, technically if 32 bit only supports 4 gigs and this machine is upgrade able to 16 gigs ram doesn't that mean it will run 64 bit.. How else would it see the ram in 32 bit. Thank you so much 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 664
Message 2 of 4

Re: M91p 32 Bit Ram question

I running a M91p with 16GB memory, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, almost all of the 16GB is usable. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Yourskulli5red
Paper Tape
Views: 657
Message 3 of 4

My pc came with win 7 32 bit, so when I upgraded it with ram I also put win 10 32 bit, I figured that's what I had to do since my machine came with it, I'm guessing it's one of those processors that allow for both? How else would it support 16 gigs? Also did you have to change anything in bios . Thank you so much for your help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 648
Message 4 of 4

Yes, the processor can run either 32 or 64-bit. 64-bit is needed for memory over 4GB.

No changes to the BIOS settings, but best to be on the latest, it's works well for me. Use the CD ISO method (burn a CD), as Windows 10 not supported for this system, and the flash from Windows may not work correctly.
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors