cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_abel1
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 1 of 3

M91p: BIOS compatibility for Win10 (1903 update fails to install)

Hello, 

I have a Lenovo M91p.  I bought Windows 10 and replaced Win7 that came with the desktop.  The most recent Windows 10 update (Win 10 release 19+) will not update my desktop now.  Microsoft tried but the update cannot be completed. The installation fails (FIRST_BOOT phase with error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation).  Microsoft tells me it may be because the BIOS is not compatible and contact Lenovo to get an answer.  My BIOS version and date is -->  LENOVO 9HKT43AUS, 7/11/2011. 

1.  Does anyone know whether this version is compatible for Windows 10 most recent update to be installed?  

2.  If not, is there a BIOS update I can get from Lenovo?  If so, where, what version, etc., details?  

Thank you very much for any help and pointers. 

Mod:  edited Subject line to add system model, and clarify the problem description

Lenovo Employee davydang
Lenovo Employee
Views: 167
Message 2 of 3

Re: M91p: BIOS compatibility for Win10 (1903 update fails to install)

Hi,

Seems like there is no official BIOS version supported Win10 for M91p.

The latest BIOS version for M91p is 9HKT58A, you can download 9hjy58usa.exe: 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/zh/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

Maybe you can have a try to update to this latest version, that's a suggestion, but not sure if it can fix your issue.

If answered your question, please help to mark your topic as "Solved"! Thanks for your cooperation in advance!
m_abel1
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3 of 3

Re: M91p: BIOS compatibility for Win10 (1903 update fails to install)

davydang - Thank you.  I will doenload and try.  Thank you for your suggestion.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors