I recently acquired a M91p SFF with:

i5-2400

8gb Ram

Asus eah5450 low profile pass

Optical drive

500gb hdd @7200rpm

and 240w PSU

So I have been researching a lot about what GPUs will work in my system

I decided to buy the GT730 (to upgrade my old gpu).

It has a power consumption of 25w (TDP of 38w) according to the geforce website.

I just want to make sure that it will work.

Although I am confident it will work because the asus eah5450 has a power consumption of up to 75 watts.

I MAY have to update my bios but my concern is that there's no bios update for Windows 10.

I am also planning to transfer it to another case and buy a new psu but I am not sure what size the motherboard is (most likely micro-atx) and also the connectors to a new psu would be similar to the stock psu that I currently have

The GT730 is on it's way and i'm planning to install it and removing the power to the optical drive (dvd) since I don't use it that often. This is just to make sure that my psu would hold the entire setup.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,650
Message 2 of 3

Re: M91p SFF GPU upgrade

@chiaroscuro2323 wrote:

The GT730 is on it's way and i'm planning to install it and removing the power to the optical drive (dvd) since I don't use it that often. This is just to make sure that my psu would hold the entire setup.

Any suggestions guys?

Hello, and welcome.   The step to disconnect the optical is not necessary.  A SFF with a low-profile Gtx 750 Ti has been benchmarked for power usage, and the stock power supply is able to support it under maximum concurrent load (CPU, GPU, disk, and USB.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
chiaroscuro2323
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,625
Message 3 of 3

Re: M91p SFF GPU upgrade

What cases would accomodate the mobo size of the m91p? thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors