cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace-
What's DOS?
Views: 936
Message 1 of 16

M91p USFF 0266: what graphics card will work? (gaming, GT 1030)

Dear BiggAl

You seem to be the goto guy, regarding GPU's and Lenovo's SFF. If you kindly could help me out, I will be very greatfull.

So the thing is, I aquired an older Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p, type 0266, the model with an Core i7-2600S Processor.

So when it arrived, it turned out not just to be the SFF, but a USFF Ultra Small Form Factor, I dit not anticipate this. 

I would love to use it for a gaming computer, while also a powerfull workstation and the dream is to be able to play the latest BlackOps4, game, that has the folowing requirements: 

"MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
WINDOWS® 7 64-BIT
INTEL CORE I3-4340 OR AMD FX-6300
8GB RAM
GEFORCE GTX 660 2GB / GEFORCE GTX 1050 2GB OR RADEON HD 7950 2GB

RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS
WINDOWS® 10 64-BIT
INTEL® CORE™ I5-2500K OR AMD RYZEN R5 1600X
12GB RAM
NVIDIA® GEFORCE® GTX 970 4GB/GTX 1060 6GB OR AMD™ RADEON™ R9 390/AMD RX 580"

https://www.callofduty.com/da/blackops4/pc

I know I will need to mount a new GPU, and litteraly I have no clue as what to get, that will fit and work also in the same time.

Could you please elaborate on your knowledge in this area. I've seen your above post, and found some similar cards- some with different names, codetags and so on (im not that experienced in hardware). Also a low profile, with the deriviation 1050, where I can see that most of the new cards are PCIE 3.0 and refering to the detailed specifications, from Lenovo - im unsure if the PCIE in the computer, is only 1 ?.  https://support.lenovo.com/dk/da/solutions/pd014161

Also there is the thing, about power, since this has the external 150w PSU, I dont know what to doo from here on. 

Kindly, and in anticipation

Mod:  edited Subject line to correct after moving post; expanded problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 919
Message 2 of 16

Re: M91p USFF 0266: what graphics card will work for gaming?

I have not seen this system or any USFF in person, but after viewing photos of it, I'm not clear on how it physically accommodates any standard size graphics card.  It certainly could not accommodate a dual width card. 

Irrespective, to meet your games minimum requirements, you need a system that we accommodate a GTX 1050, which is only avail as dual width, and power that card's 75w.  The only ThinkCentre that can do that without the possible need to upgrade the power supply is a 'tower' system. 

btw, all M91 systems have PCIe 2.0, which works fine with 3.0 cards. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 914
Message 3 of 16

Re: M91p USFF 0266: what graphics card will work for gaming?

@Ace- wrote:
Also there is the thing, about power, since this has the external 150w PSU, I don't know what to do from here on.  

Further, I did a power calculation based on the i7-2600s installed (a 65w processor), and it came to 143w.  Enough to add a wireless adapter, but not enough to add even the most power efficient graphics card. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
man_dawg
Punch Card
Views: 498
Message 4 of 16

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre: Nvidia GT 1030 graphics card officially supported (GPU, 4K vid, best low-po

Thank U a million Big Al::: Once again U come through like a champ:: needing a graphics/video card for this m91p usff model 0266:Smiley Sadhas intel basic graphics chipset)junk!! Smiley Happy ebay here i come lol::

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 493
Message 5 of 16

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre: Nvidia GT 1030 graphics card officially supported (GPU, 4K vid, best low-po

M91p USFF is a bit different, in that it has a 150w external power brick, not upgradeable (while the contemporaneous SFF has 240w.)  Much is dependant on which processor is installed, and what it's power draw is.  If you provide that, I'll run it through the MSI power calculator, and see if GT 1030 is possible.  Thx. 

man_dawg
Punch Card
Views: 481
Message 6 of 16

BigAl it has a i5 2.5 processor in that ambilical cord machine Smiley Happy How they(before I bought it) ever got windows 10 installed is a total mystery to me. I know it cannot accept or will upgrade to the 1803 version due to the driver compatability issues. But yeah that would be fantastic if U could find a very low end graphics card that will fit first of all and secondly be upgrade enough to run the newest versions of windows 10. A linux machine maybe rofl I see zorin12 coming soon to that hard drive Smiley Happy

man_dawg
Punch Card
Views: 479
Message 7 of 16

i5 2.5 I believe it's a 45watt power on it Big Al::

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 467
Message 8 of 16

I need the actual processor model number - two of the i5 it came with are 65w, same as the i7, and one is 45w.  Run 'sys info'. 

man_dawg
Punch Card
Views: 457
Message 9 of 16

I will certainly give that to U Big Al when I get back to that computer. And thanks so much for helping me.

man_dawg
Punch Card
Views: 441
Message 10 of 16

Big Al it is indeed a 65watt processor:: But with install of a proper fitting video card and uninstalling the piece of junk microsoft basic video graphics driver and chipset for it. It will allow then enough wattage to run a video card Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors